Saturday 29 October 2011

Developer Gone Bad

I haven't really shot many photos as of late. Too many other things have gotten in the way and I've been out of film which dosen't help. But I've had a whole bunch of undeveloped film sitting in the fridge and I figured I'd at least try develop all of the black and white film today while I had a free moment.

So I pulled out my first to rolls, and began to set up my makeshift dark room. Only to find that I hadn't stored my LC29 developer correctly and it had begun to react wich something on the lid of the bottle. The solution had turned a funny hazelnut reddish-brown. Like a rusty iron colour. I ended up throwing out the rest of the bottle and found myself lacking an activity for the afternoon.

In the next few days I'll just take all my film to a shop and get someone else to develop it for now. Too much time has past! And I'd rather do some more shooting - which again reminds me I need some film!

My flickr account has been quite dry for the past few months, and I'm really needing - and wanting - to get back into it. ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment