Thursday 27 October 2011

Getting started

Yet again, I begin to start a new blog. To be honest I've started quite a few - none of which have really lasted more than a few posts. This time however will be different! This time I will not promise to keep writing regular posts! So I won't feel too bad if in a few months time I return and delete this blog - hopefully that won't happen.

For a long time I've been thinking about starting writing regularly on a few things. Coffee for one. The delicious beverage that keeps me employed. I thought it would be a great way of keeping track of the day to day affairs of the cafe, and the coffee's and their brewing methods from time to time. But I decided against it because I would simply bored myself. And I've tried similar things in the past to no avail.

What kick started this little blog was actually food. I've always enjoyed cooking, especially for other people - and lately I've really wanted to start learning more and more. I hate the idea of pre-mix "off the shelf" meals where everything is done for you. There is no passion, and no energy in the cooking - or the eating for that matter. Blah!

So just one hour ago, at 10:30pm on a thursday night: I decided to make muffins from scratch. It was very much a spur of the moment act, but honestly, who the hell doesn't want muffins at midnight!
After I ate them all, I thought I should have taken a photo and put it in a blog so I can keep track of how it went; what I would change; and what ideas it'd give me for the future. And now I'm here!

So I'll leave it here for now, and say goodnight - because I'll be getting up tomorrow on another day off to make myself a nice breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment