Tuesday 1 November 2011

Story of a photo


Because I'm trying to stay productive rather than procrastinate, I thought I'd upload my third post of today and share a photo. Probably the last photo I actually took, developed and processed from memory. I think its my favourite so far that I've taken, and I'm thinking of starting a little photo project on people/portraits pretty soon.
I really like photos of people that aren't at all staged or set up in some way. The 'arty' portraits just don't appeal to me in any way at all. I really like the photos of Dorothea Lange in this respect, her photos were real and of real people.

I took this one on Anzac Day this year. A few of my friends and I were walking the streets of Fremantle with our cameras snapping shots of what caught our eyes. I remember walking down the main street which had been closed off to cars, so there were people everywhere walking around. A lot of them were sailors in town to celebrate after the mornings Anzac services. Both her and I spotted each other walking down the street towards each other with cameras, so what followed was a brief photo-duel and a smile.

I took the photo on 35mm film, developed it myself, scanned it into a digital format and tweaked it a little in lightroom. I really don't like to touchup photos too much, but I'm not quite that good yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment